Monday, November 19, 2012

SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION (and a competition)

My colleagues and I are having a book launch this Saturday.  To celebrate, not only am I inviting you to come along to meet me and the other authors at the Oxfam Book Shop, High Street, Stevenage Old Town on 24th November, 9am to midday, I'm also holding a competition to win a signed copy of my new book, Apollo The Thirteenth.

First up, the launch details.



Now for the competition.

The prize: A paperback or ebox copy of Apollo The Thirteenth (winner's choice), signed by me, which I will post to you wherever in the world you are.  The ebox contains a leaflet and a CD (see below), which has the ebook in three formats: epub, kindle and PDF.



How to enter: Answer the following question by leaving a comment in the comments section.

'What were the names of the three astronauts on the Apollo 13 mission'

First three names out of the hat win, and the closing date is midnight (GMT), Sunday 25th November.

On that note, I bid you adieu and I'll see you on Wednesday.



7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

A book and a CD - that's cool.

Gabriel C. Taylor said...

I'm surprised to find that I'm the first (as far as I can tell) to answer the Apollo 13 crew questions.
James A. Lovell was the commander of the mission, John L. "Jack" Swigert was the pilot of the Command Module, and Fred W. Haise (a last minute replacement for Ken Mattingly)was the pilot for the Lunar Module.
I hope I win.

Nearly Martha said...

Lovell, Swigert and Haise.
Enjoy your book launches...

Lisa Shafer said...

I see nothing wrong with shameless self-promotion; I do it all the time!
Wish I could be there to see your book launch, but it's a bit of a ride. :)

Milo James Fowler said...

James "Jim" Lovell (commander), Fred Haise (lunar module pilot), and John "Jack" Swigert (command module pilot) -- fingers crossed...

Jeff Hargett said...

Have fun with the launch!

Martin Willoughby said...

Alex: I'm just a cool kinda guy.

Gabriel: But will you be the last?

Martha: I will. Thank you

Lisa: Even if I promised cake and coffee?

Milo: Or you could bribe me.

Jeff: I will indeed. Not sure about anyone else involved, but I will.